Lydia Maher, Chair of the PTA
We are the PTA and we organise events for Elson Infant School to bring together the school community and raise money for extra equipment to benefit all the children.
We were able to buy a Reading Hut for the playground and this has proved to be very popular with the children.
- Hosted a Magicians Picnic for the school
- Organised a Year 2 party for the leavers.
- Arranged a visit from the Easter Bunny who gave out chocolate to the children.
We raised the money for this by hosting the following events:
- Christmas and Summer Fayre
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day shop
- Spooky Disco
Since September 2016, we have sadly said goodbye to some of our extremely hard working members but we have also been pleased to welcome new ones.
These are the members of our current PTA.
- Lydia Maher – Chair
- Christina Walton – Vice Chair
- Gemma Northover – Treasurer
- Jennie Laidler – Secretary
- Christine Gant
- Sian Witts
- Kelly Broster
- Lisa Webb
- Michelle Pickering
- Debra Burt.
We have already held two events, the Spooky Disco and the Christmas Fayre. So far we have raised an amazing £1585.32 that will be spent on the School in the New Year!
None of these events would be possible without the wonderful team effort from everyone involved and we are always grateful to all the parents and staff who pull together to make them happen.