Pupil premium and Service Children funding is paid to schools from Government to provide eligible children additional support by inventions and opportunities.
At Elson Infant School in addition to interventions, any child eligible for Pupil Premium are able to attend per term a free after school activity and Free School Meal (FSM) will receive free school trips and Service children have access to a free Service Club at lunch times and after school.
FSM Pupil premium is available to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Families in receipt of Child Tax Credit will also qualify provided that (a) they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and (b) their annual gross income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs does not exceed £16,190 (subject to annual review).
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
No other benefits qualify for pupil premium.
It is easy to see if your child is eligible for Pupil Premium and can be done online by clicking here
The service is instant and the school is informed by email from Hampshire County Council. It is vital to register so that your child and school receive the funding.
If you are a Service family please contact the office to advise on 023 9258 1208