Our school day starts at 8.40pm and ends at 3.15pm
Our aim is to work in partnership with you to make the transition into school a smooth, pleasant and happy experience for you and your child.
Our induction process:
- Welcome meeting: parents will be invited to attend a welcome meeting where you will; gain useful information about your child starting school, meet the reception staff and have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
- Pre-school and nursery visits: reception staff will take time to visit your child’s nursery or pre-school to meet your child and talk to the Early Years staff. This provides valuable information to inform our staff of your child’s individual needs.
- ‘Stay and Play’ sessions: parents and children will be invited to ‘stay and play’ sessions where parents and children have the opportunity to play in the reception classrooms and outdoor area. ‘Stay and Play’ sessions also provide an opportunity to meet the reception staff.
- ‘Boogie Nights’: You and your child will be invited to attend a song and rhyme time session to learn songs and rhymes that will be used in school.
- Home Visits: Before your child starts school in September, you will have an opportunity to have a home visit. The Class Teacher and a Learning Support Assistant will visit you and your child at home to get to know you both better and discuss any issues or any individual needs that may be a concern for you.
Any problems or any queries please contact the school office.
We look forward to meeting you soon.